Question:

the light under the microwave does not work.

by Monique Williams  |  4 years, 6 month(s) ago

0 LIKES UnLike

the light under the microwave does not work. It's a kenmore built in model 721.189940490. I have tried to replace the bulbs and still nothing. Everything else works fine.

 Tags: light, microwave

   Report

3 ANSWERS

  1. Guest21586589

    ples help me my microwave works but the light does not work HELP NOW, its a diamond encrusted one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR 380POUNDS

  2. MicrowaveDisplaydotc...
    We see (and repair) this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a week or so. At our Web site, you can get details of our service, plus we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes. See: http://www.microwavedisplay.com This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller. The lights can can be inoperable or stuck on or stuck in "night light" mode. Sometimes this will similarly affect the fan operation or inside light, too.
  3. Ali Abdullah
    HI, I think that you've rediscovered an experiment in which people cut a grape almost in half, open the two halves like a book and lay it flat on a plate. In the microwave, the thin bridge between the halves carbonizes and than emits flames. Basically, the fruit pieces or berries are acting as antennas for the microwaves, which drive electric currents through the narrow bridges between parts. The berries aren't great conductors, but they're not true insulators either. Those bridges overheat (like an overloaded extension cord) and burn up. The flames come from the burning bridges. If you let the flames go on long enough and enough carbon develops, you'll probably start getting plasma balls in the oven (lots of fun, but not great for the oven... you can scorch its top surface because those plasma balls rise and skittle around the ceiling of the oven). Anyway, you can probably find the carbon areas if you look closely enough, but they're no worse than a little burnt toast
Monique Williams QUESTIONS

Question Stats

Latest activity: 3 years, 8 month(s) ago.
This question has been viewed 1579 times and has 3 answers.

2 People are following this question

Monique WilliamsMicrowaveDisplaydotcom

BECOME A GUIDE

Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.