antique rocker -- not sure what style?

by Guest10944403  |  10 years, 7 month(s) ago

0 LIKES UnLike

antique rocker -- not sure what style?

 Tags: antique, Rocker, style



  1. Ali Abdullah
    Hi There, Sarah this is a very common type chair. Its called a platform rocker. The design came about many years ago in attempt to save wood floors and also solve the problem of rocking chairs moving across the floor when people used them. Pretty innovative for its time I think. I would not class this particular chair as antique however. Sarah back in the 60's, here in Canada where I am, everyone wanted this style of furniture. It was called colonial. All of it was made of maple so it was called Colonial Maple. Your chair is very reminiscent of this style although I think it was made in the 40's or 50's. If you are looking for springs, they are still readily available here If the inner springs are broken, they are available too.

Question Stats

Latest activity: 10 years, 7 month(s) ago.
This question has been viewed 488 times and has 1 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.
Unanswered Questions