What to do if someone become disabled in United Kingdom?

by Guest28049313  |  7 years, 3 month(s) ago

0 LIKES UnLike

What to do if someone become disabled in United Kingdom?

 Tags: disabled, Kingdom, United



  1. Guest28049314
    You have rights if you become disabled to protect you from discrimination. You also might be entitled to certain benefits. The main disability and sickness benefits are: Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment Attendance Allowance Employment and Support Allowance What you’re entitled to depends on your circumstances - use the benefits adviser tool to see what you might be able to get. To get any benefits you’re entitled to, you need to register as a disabled person - there’s more information about this on the NHS Choices website. You might also be able to get: . certain types of equipment or have adaptations made to your home without paying VAT . Council Tax discounts . a TV licence discount . a free vehicle tax disc If you’re in England you can get a health and social care assessment to find out what help you can get (eg equipment, home care, day centres) from your local council.

Question Stats

Latest activity: 7 years, 3 month(s) ago.
This question has been viewed 236 times and has 1 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.