RE: APPEAL FOR FUNDING FROM WELL WISHERS, FRIENDS/ORGANIZATIONS
GENIUS WOMEN SELF HELP GROUP and MULTIPLE OPTIONS DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (MODS) are community oriented and based to assist grassroots’ communities address socio-economic issues constraining women and parents and the youth.
Prevent the spread of HIV/ AIDS by creating access of appropriate and meaningful information, cohesiveness and encourage focus group discussions across locations in Bungoma and Nairobi and Bondo through a series of campaigns prioritizing parents’ verses adolescent/young and local communities. To develop a well informed young society in the rural and urban schools and out of school on HIV/AIDS.
GENIUS WOMEN SELF HELP GROUP initiates women transforming leaders Intervention through educating women and youth in Bungoma, Nairobi and Bondo Districts. GENIUS WOMEN SELF HELP GROUP has established Women Transforming Leaders
(WTLs) in collaboration with Multiple Options Development Services (MODS)
MODS in Bungoma and Nairobi and Bondo then replicate to other areas.
2.0 EXISTING INITIATIVES ADDRESSING HIV/AIDS
In Kenya there is a wealth of pioneering experiences accumulated since the beginning of the epidemic that have sought to put a brake on new infections and ensure the well-being of those people who are already living with the virus . These initiatives support institutional strengthening, strengthening health services, provision of information, education and communication, care and social support for people affected by HIV/AIDS and research.
GENIUS WOMEN SELF HELP GROUP/MODS enable expanded involvement of churches, self-help groups in the society at all levels, by empowering and sensitizing youth/adolescent, through established WTLs at community level and initiated women alliances to combat HIV transmission.
Genius women self help group/MODS works with women/youth in Bungoma and Bondo Districts offering peer education, livelihood initiatives and women transforming leaders Intervention. .
Relationship to Target Country Priorities
The project goal is consistent with the KNASP 111 2008/09- 2013/2014 priorities and policies, emphasizes Kenya’s vision 2030 and MDG’s commitment to openness between parents, civic leaders, and Religious leaders to discuss openly with youth, and children, about epidemic. “The women are Genius women self help group’s/MODS target and must be made to understand how they can get infected, and how they can protect themselves.”
3.0 PROJECT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To change the “passive culture” amongst women/youth by creating district women transformation leaders.
To help change the “passive culture” amongst women/youth by creating a well-informed society on HIV/AIDS through skills empowerment.
1. To change the "passive culture" among women/youth by learning secure existence in the social economical environment by November 2013.
1. To provide access of appropriate and meaningful information, raising awareness and encouraging discussion campaigns prioritizing women/youth and local communities. To have a well informed society in the rural and urban schools and out of school on HIV/AIDS by June 2015
2. Increase women literacy in basic computer through establishing 20 community women resource centers with video educational programs on HIV/AIDS by July 2014.
3. To develop farming skills and knowledge to increase women participation in good farming practices by February 2014.
4. Disseminate public HIV/AIDS awareness materials, publications, and mother to child transmission prevention.
4.0 EXPECTED RESULTS
• 750 Women transforming leaders clubs solely dedicated to develop abstinence alliances are established and operational;
• 100,000 IEC materials developed and disseminated
• Public meetings, HIV/AIDS awareness product and publications developed and disseminated;
• 70 CORPs trained and provide community based health care services
• 20 mobile VCTs to operate in the women resource centers within the target areas.
• 5,000 parents communicate effectively with the adolescent/youth
• 1,000 women farming demonstration units established
• An inventory of initiatives involved in the HIV/AIDS described and available to decision-makers and practitioners;
• Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) reports ready by the end of the project.
Objectively Verifiable Indicators
• Minutes of meetings from women alliances
• Reports from parents-adolescent children meetings at household levels
• Member records per Women transforming leaders at target areas describing number of girls and boys
• Developed curriculum
• Alternative skills adaptation at WRCs model projects
• Number of farm demonstration model units
• Baseline survey document
• HIV infection data bank
• Number of WTLs library/resource centers for women development.
• Number of mobile VCTs
• Number of (Orphans & Vulnerable Children) OVCs targeted at women resource centers.
• Number of video shows on gender based violence and testimonies from people living with HIV/AIDS.
We appeal for financial, mutual, moral and or material support from well wishers, friends, individuals, donors, partners and investors.
Say NO to ‘poverty’ and idle mind instead fight for the poor and marginalized through this initiative. God bless you.
Contact person: Florence Adur,
P.O Box 12633, code; 00100
Mobile No; +254722928485
Email Address; email@example.com
Report (0) (0) |
1 year, 10 month(s) ago