1 LIKES LikeUnLike
How to Recover Password on a Cisco 1242 Access Point?
Tags: 1242, Access, cisco, password, Recover
Steps to Recover Password on a Cisco 1242 Access Point?
1. Connect to the 1242's Web interface by directing a Web browser to the access point's IP address as decided during its setup. Attempt to log in with the default administrator username "Cisco" with the password "Cisco." Be sure to capitalize the "C." If this does not work, the configuration must be reset.
2. Pull out the power cord from the 1242. If you can't find a power cord, your model may use in-line power from the Ethernet cable, so disconnect it instead.
3. Locate the "Mode" button on the access point. Press it in and keep it held while you reconnect the power cord or Ethernet cable.
4. Continue to hold the "Mode" button, and watch the Ethernet light on the 1242. When the light turns amber, release the button.
5. Reconnect to the Web interface and again use the default username "Cisco" with the password "Cisco" to log in. Set up a new username and password, then reconfigure your access point.
Tips & Warnings
Performing the reset will wipe all settings from the 1242 access point, so only do it as a last resort.
More tips and guides you can visit: http://blog.router-switch.com/2012/01/password-recovery-on-cisco-1242-access-point/
Report (0) (0) |
3 years, 4 month(s) ago
3 years, 4 month(s) ago.
This question has been viewed