Basic requirements for a Skilled Independent Australian visa

by Guest22740020  |  8 years, 9 month(s) ago

0 LIKES UnLike

I am a skilled person living in India and want to get Skilled Independent visa. Would anyone tell me that what are the basic requirements for a Skilled Independent visa to enter and stay in Australia?

 Tags: Australian, Basic, independent, requirements, Skilled, Visa



  1. Australia Guide
    To apply for a Skilled Independent visa to enter/stay in Australia you, or your spouse, must be able to satisfy basic requirements: be under 45 when you apply; have sufficient ability in the English language for working in Australia. The English language requirement for the Skill Matching visa has been lowered to 'functional' where the applicant agrees to pay an English language upgrade fee if nominated by a participating State or Territory; have post-secondary (such as university or trade) qualifications; your skills must have been assessed by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation before you apply. In the Skilled Independent Overseas Student subclass your skills must be assessed as 'suitable' before you apply; * nominate an occupation which fits your skills and qualifications when you apply. Your nominated occupation must be on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL). If your nominated occupation is not on the list, you cannot apply. If your nominated occupation is worth: * 60 points: you must have been in paid employment in any skilled occupation on the SOL for at least 12 of the 18 months before applying; * 40 or 50 points: you must have been in paid employment in any skilled occupation on the SOL for at least two of the three years before applying; You do not need to meet the work experience requirement if you have completed an Australian post-secondary qualification less than 6 months before lodging your visa application. Please note: New Zealand citizens and Overseas Students in Australia wishing to apply for an onshore Skilled Migration visa must be physically in Australia before they can lodge a valid application. An application sent from overseas cannot be accepted. For all applicants, both inside and outside Australia - You MUST lodge your application with the Adelaide Skilled Processing Center. An application sent to the wrong address or to an overseas mission or office will be returned to the sender.

Question Stats

Latest activity: 8 years, 9 month(s) ago.
This question has been viewed 301 times and has 1 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.
Unanswered Questions