At-fault driver totalled car on repo list. How can I get their insurance to pay for my totalled car?

by Guest14031840  |  10 years ago

0 LIKES UnLike

When the at-fault driver totaled my car, it was on a repo. They admitted to their insurance company that they caused this auto collision. I have their insurance company’s letter writing me that their insured driver caused this collision and that the insurance company was totalling my car.

The lender has the car. After everything happened, the balance of the repo is now at about $8k. Their property insurance is for $10k. And value of the car at the time of the accident is $15k. My car just had liability coverage which is why I need the at-fault driver's insurance to pay for their totalling my car.

What is the best way to get the insurance policy to pay for the totaled vehicle? Am I able to get any remaining balance from the property damages?

 Tags: atfault, car, driver, insurance, list, pay, repo, totalled



  1. liza amelia

    A lease allows you to drive a car at a lower monthly payment than if you purchased the car. A lease is a short-term agreement of a few years, which allows you to trade in for a newer car every few years.

Question Stats

Latest activity: 6 years, 4 month(s) ago.
This question has been viewed 1561 times and has 1 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.